Campus and facilities
The course location is based on the planned division of the learning activities in two parts: an initial two-years path devoted to the preclinical activities with a focus on biomedical research and a four-years block with a total immersion in the clinical world. In each period a well defined campus will be available to the students.
IMS will benefit from interactions with several hospitals and research institutions:
- LITA – Interdisciplinary Laboratory of Advanced Technologies – Via Fratelli Cervi, 93
- Segrate (MI)
- Azienda Ospedaliera Luigi Sacco – via G.B. Grassi 74, – Milano
- Azienda Ospedaliera S. Paolo – via A. di Rudinì, 8 – Milano
- Fondazione Ca’ Granda Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico – via F. Sforza, 35 – Milano
- Istituto ortopedico Galeazzi – via R. Galeazzi, 4 – Milano
- Campus IFOM-IEO (Istituto Europeo di Oncologia) – via Adamello, 16 – Milano
- Istituto Ortopedico Gaetano Pini – p.zza Cardinal Ferrari, 1 – Milano
- Policlinico San Donato – via Morandi, 30 – S. Donato Milanese (MI)
- Centro Cardiologico Monzino – via C. Parea, 4 – Milano
- Fondazione Istituto Nazionale dei Tumori di Milano
- Istituto Auxologico Ospedale San Luca Piazzale Brescia 20 – 20149 Milano
- Ospedale S. Giuseppe – via S. Vittore, 12 – Milano
LITA – Interdisciplinary Laboratory of Advanced Technologies
Via Fratelli Cervi, 93 - Segrate (MI)
IMS incorporates a substantial research training, which is made possible by the deployment of the “preclinical” activities (first two years of the programme) at the LITA-Interdisciplinary Laboratory of Advanced Technologies (Segrate).
In the modern LITA campus, equipped with teaching and research laboratories, students will work in a welcoming environment with a multimedia science library, reading and conference rooms.
The IMS students will also benefit from interactions with the Medical Biotechnology Degree Students, also localised at the LITA campus.
The clinical training is scheduled for the years 3-6. Formal lectures will be predominantly held at the LITA campus, while for clinical activities (internships, clerkships,…) students will have the opportunity to attend specialized advanced training modules scheduled in medical centers of excellence affiliated with the University of Milan.
The affiliated hospitals, also hosting the students of the Degree programme in Medicine taught in Italian, are teaching and training centers equipped to best accommodate students and offer a high clinical mentoring quality.
The Faculty of Medicine does not have a central library but many local libraries, particularly in hospitals.
In order to create a network, in 2003 we launched the SBiM website, the Medical Library System containing all the information required to enhance our library services.
The four main SBiM libraries are:
- the Alberto Malliani Library at the Sacco Hospital
- the Biomedical Library in the Città Studi area
- the Policlinico Hospital Library
- the San Paolo Library
In addition to these independent libraries, there are departmental libraries focusing on specific fields.
LITA – Laboratorio Interdisciplinare Tecnologie Avanzate
Via Fratelli Cervi, 93
20090 Segrate Milano