International Medical Admissions Test - IMAT
The detailed program of the IMAT test 2020 is available in the Annexes (page 18) of the Decreto Ministeriale (texts in Italian). Candidates can choose to take the IMAT in one of the certified test locations. No other location but the ones listed in the document is possible.
The admission test (International Medical Admissions Test, IMAT) is designed by Cambridge Assessment in conjunction with the Italian Ministry of Higher Education and Research. The admission test consists of sixty (60) multiple choice questions with five options (of which only one is correct) on the following topics: general knowledge and logical reasoning; biology; chemistry; physics and mathematics.
Places available: 44 plus 16 reserved to extra UE students
Call for applications: how to do
Application period: from 07-01-2020 to 07-23-2020
Admission Test date and location: 09-10-2020 00:00
Enrolment period: from 10-07-2020 to 10-12-2020
For students enrolled on bachelor’s, master’s and single cycle degree programmes are divided into two instalments of different amounts and with different payment deadlines:
- the first, corresponding to the minimum amount, is the same for all students
- the second - technically referred to as an ‘all-inclusive fee’- that is variable.
Students can also be entitled for tuition fee reductions such as:
- lowering for students who meet high merit requirements
- fixed amounts calculated on the basis of the student's citizenship group for those with income/property abroad
- support for students who have political refugee status.
More info at: Fees - current academic year
Scholarships and benefits
Admission, ranking and enrolment