The admission test (International Medical Admissions Test, IMAT) is designed by the Italian Ministry of University and and Research. The admission test consists of sixty (60) multiple choice questions with five options (of which only one is correct) on the following topics: general knowledge and logical reasoning; biology; chemistry; physics and mathematics.
Additional Formative Obligations (OFA)
Students admitted with a total score of less than 45/90 and who have achieved a score of less than 17,5/34,5 for the questions evaluating the knowledge of Biology, will be assigned additional educational obligations (OFA). These obligations consist in on purpose activities. Failure to pass the OFA will not allow to take the examination of Cells, Molecules and Genes 1. Details on OFA will be advertised on the website: https://ims.cdl.unimi.it/en.
Academic Calendar of teaching activities:
- first semester courses are scheduled from mid-September through the end of January, for all years except the 1st year course, usually beginning mid-October;
- the courses of the second semester are scheduled from the first week of March to half June.
The schedules of classes and non-formal activities (exercises, professionalizing activities, etc.) are published on the IMS website:
For students enrolled on bachelor’s, master’s and single cycle degree programmes are divided into two instalments of different amounts and with different payment deadlines:
- the first, corresponding to the minimum amount, is the same for all students
- the second - technically referred to as an ‘all-inclusive fee’- that is variable.
The University provides:
- A no tax area for students on track with exams and not on track with exams for one year with ISEE certification until 20.000 €.
- Fees exemption on account of merit, income or disability, or if they meet other specific requirements;
- Concessions for students meeting high merit requirements;
- Diversified tuition fees according to the student's home country for international students with assets/income abroad;
The University also provides:
- Part-time study
- Financial aid, refectory service, accommodation,
- Awards and scholarships
Admission, ranking and enrolment
- Registrar office - contacts
- Online information desk InformaStudenti (please register for the first access)
- International students: welcome desk
- Students with disabilities
- Students with SLD
Programme tutoring and contacts